Rosemary Porkchops & Roasted Red Potatoes

Monday, August 31, 2015

Holy moly. I never knew how well rosemary and pork went together until this recipe. I'm constantly on the lookout for recipes that have the following qualities:

1. Quick and easy
2. Not too many ingredients
3. Yummy and filling
4. Crohn's-friendly for me!

This dish was a huge hit with me and the hubby!

Rosemary Pork Chops

I found this amazing recipe from Sandra Lee, the queen! I love the semi-homemade theme of her recipes. I don't have time to bake bread with yeast. Forget that! This recipe took maybe 45 minutes from the moment I opened the fridge to when we sat down to eat.

Ingredients

Makes: 4 servings

1⁄3 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (Don't take the easy way out with a spice jar! You definitely need real rosemary.)
1 1⁄2 pounds thick-cut boneless center-cut pork chops (I specifically used butterflied pork chops)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Directions

In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and rosemary. Spread mixture on a plate. Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Press both sides of pork chops into bread crumb mixture to coat.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through (160°F).

I ended up popping these in the oven for a few minutes after they were seared in a cast-iron skillet. I put them in for 5 minutes on 425 degrees, and then flipped them for another 5 minutes. I'm a crazy person when it comes to cooking meat and I want it ALL the way done (much to my husband's dismay). This may not be needed just depending on your cookware and stove.

Serve garnished with rosemary or other green options above, if desired.





Roasted Red Potatoes

One of my favorite side dishes is red potatoes. I break my rule of no fruit and veggie skin only for this recipe. It doesn't seem to upset my stomach like others, likely because the skin itself is cooked. These are seriously SO yummy and I limit myself to only two red potatoes per person, otherwise I could eat 6. 

Ingredients

Makes: 2 servings (if you like potatoes as much as us)

4 medium-sized red potatoes, washed and skin on
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Olive oil to coat
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 425. 

Cut the potatoes into wedges, making sure each piece has one side of skin

In a large bowl, place the potatoes and coat with olive oil. Add in cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Mix together and place potatoes onto foil lined baking sheet. 

Carefully arrange potatoes with the skin side DOWN on the sheet. This is very important to get evenly roasted potatoes. 

Cook at 425 for approximately 25 - 30 minutes until golden.

Unfortunately, I kind of started eating before I remembered to take a picture of the final product. Hopefully that helps me convey how yummy this dish is, even without the fancy picture. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)