My Story - Pregnancy

Thursday, July 23, 2015

When Chase and I first decided to try and have a baby, we were planning (are you moms out there already chuckling?) on a fall baby. We had been using the Natural Family Planning method, and were lucky enough to get pregnant the first go around. So there went our plans of a fall baby--but who could ever be upset with that?! Due March 31, 2015, we were beyond ecstatic! Our families were thrilled! We would have a nephew born in December 2014 and our best friends were also pregnant with a due date only a few days after ours. We couldn't have timed it better, and I relaxed because I had two pregnant and veteran moms to confide in alongside my pregnancy. 

The first trimester, ugh! I never got physically ill, but I'm not sure which is worse: feeling sick or getting sick. Probably both. I was so tired too...napping in my car at work and making up "errands" to run so I could go home and sleep without anyone at work knowing. Slowly but surely, we made it to the second trimester with good reports from our doctor. 

The second trimester came around and we were anxious to find out if we were having a boy or girl. Chase's family is notorious for having boys, so we both put our money on boy. Surprise! Baby C is a girl!

About 5 weeks later, I really started to struggle with heartburn. It was so bad that I would get physically ill from it. I thought this was some cruel joke because I had never expected to be throwing up in the second trimester because of heartburn. I also wasn't gaining a lot of weight, but my doctor reassured me that the baby looked good and I was just on the low end of normal weight gain. At 25 weeks, I had only gained about 8 pounds. I was also really struggling with back pain, which of course is a completely normal and common complaint among pregnant women. 

​​
6 months! 


In the midst of all this, I surprised Chase with a trip to New York City for his 30th birthday. I was so happy to be feeling good on this trip and we had a blast. It was also serving as our babymoon. We went to the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular, Top of the Rock, Broadway, Times Square, Central Park and the American Museum of Natural History. We did it all! I'm adding this in because I highly recommend a babymoon (ours was only 3 days--it doesn't have to be an elaborate Caribbean vacation). It was so nice to be able to spend time one on one, and thank goodness we did it because it ended up be our last time together privately!

​​
  The Rockefeller Christmas Tree! 

The holidays came and went, and on New Year's Eve I felt extremely sick. I was sluggish, nauseous and could barely walk. We decided to go to the hospital and they admitted me on suspicion of dehydration and early contractions. I felt better about 4 hours later, but not before Chase and I had our New Year's kiss in the hospital. So romantic! 

The same thing happened again about a week later. I was so sick, I couldn't go to work and I couldn't walk the dog or do any normal activities. I found this to be pretty odd, considering I was about 28 weeks pregnant. Again, we went to the hospital with dehydration and Braxton Hicks contractions as the culprit. I felt so dumb at this point--why couldn't I keep myself hydrated? I felt like all I did was drink water. Why was I not gaining weight and could still fit into my pre-pregnancy pants (NOT a good thing)? Why did I have this overwhelming feeling that something was just wrong

Then, January 15th our whole world turned upside down. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)